We value our relationship and take your privacy seriously. Maev (“Maev” or the “Company”) is committed to maintaining the privacy and security of your personal information in compliance with all applicable laws. We collect, use, disclose and share your personal information fairly and lawfully and in order to carry out our lawful business activities.
“Processes” or “Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal information or on sets of personal information, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you use our Site, communicate with us, purchase our Products and Services, engage or connect with us through one of our social media pages, update or add information to your account, use our chat feature, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
In addition, we also automatically collect personal information about you in connection with your usage of our Site.
We may collect and otherwise process personal information from you in various ways:
- when you voluntarily provide us with personal information;
- when you communicate with us concerning our Products or Services or place an order;
- through automated means when you use our Site including through use of “cookies,” web beacons, pixels and other similar technologies that track your online activity, including your use of our Site; and
- through information provided by third party vendors who analyze your usage of our website, such as Google Analytics.
- Personal contact details, such as name, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses;
- Social media account information;
- Account preferences and history;
- Financial information, such as credit card or debit card numbers. All debit or credit card transactions are processed by our third-party payment vendors. We do not collect, store or maintain any credit card or debit card information on or through our website after the transaction is processed and verified. Instead, it is transiently collected, shared with and processed through these third-party payment vendors using their platforms. We do not share your credit or debit card information with any vendors, other than our third-party payment vendors;
- Geolocation information;
- Device/browser type or identification;
- Identifying and other information you provide to us when you chat with us or use our message form; and
- Your IP address, your browsing history, and your page views and other similar information
- Cookies: Our Site use “cookies” and similar technologies. Cookies are small text files sent by your computer or device each time you visit our Site, which are unique to your browser or device. Cookies make web surfing and browsing easier for you by saving your preferences so that we can use these to improve your next visit to our Site or keep track of your shopping cart items. We use first party cookies and services provided by third parties using third party cookies to provide us with information concerning your website activity and to provide you with advertising. Cookies help us learn which areas of our Site are useful and which areas need improvement. We use information from cookies in order to improve and customize your browsing experience, for analytics and metrics about your visits to our Site (e.g. the information concerning the length of your visit to our Site, where your visit originated from) and for marketing our products to you. Other cookies are necessary for the Site to function properly or enhance the Site’s performance and functionality. By using our Site, you consent to the use of all cookies and tracking technologies.
- You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this. However, if you choose not to accept essential or functional cookies, the Site may not function properly and some features may not work as they were intended.
- Cookies we use may be either persistent or temporary (or session) cookies. A persistent cookie retains user preferences for a particular website allowing those preferences to be used in future browsing sessions and remains valid until its set expiration date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A temporary cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Tracking Technologies, such as Pixels, Beacons: We or third parties may use pixels or beacons on the Site to count how many users visit certain pages or content, for analytics and metrics about your visits to the Site, and to serve you advertising.
- Third Party Technology: We may use this automated collection of personal information to improve our marketing programs and content, and to target advertisements to you. We use third party tracking technologies on our Site. Such third parties may serve you content based on tracking you across different websites. You consent to encountering third party tracking technologies when you use our Site.
- Advertisers: We have implemented the following advertising in connection with our Site: Google, Facebook, TikTok, Pinterest and Klaviyo, and may use other advertisers in the future.
Use of your personal informationWe use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you
- to create an account
- to manage and fulfill your orders
- to process your payments
- to improve our Products and Services
- to provide customer support
- to provide rewards and keep you updated with our news and promotions
- to decide which ads to show you by showing you those that “match” your past viewing, browsing and shopping activity. Many advertising services collect and use data from your web and mobile app activity to help show you ads that are more targeted to your interests
- to provide you with marketing and advertising
- to monitor, analyze and improve the security and performance of our Site
- to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provided the personal information
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Finally, we may also disclose your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
If we are subject to a merger or acquisition with/by another company, we may disclose personal information with them in connection with the transaction.Do we sell your personal informationWe do not sell your information.Do Not Track Signals and Global Privacy ControlsWe recognize Do Not Track Signals and Global Privacy Controls associated with your browser. If your browser has these signals enabled, we will only lodge strictly necessary cookies if your browser permits those cookies.Storage of your personal informationWe do not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary to fulfill the business purposes for which the information is being collected or processed or in order to comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements.Safeguarding your personal informationWe are committed to maintaining the security of your personal information in compliance with all applicable laws and our policy. We take commercially reasonable steps to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.Options regarding your personal informationYou have choices about how we use your personal information to communicate with you and send you marketing information. You can opt out from receiving future marketing communications from us at any time by:
Using the unsubscribe function in the email or marketing information you receive from us; or contacting us as set forth under “How to contact us” below.Our policy on children’s informationOur Site is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to us through the Site. We do not knowingly collect or use personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not access, use or provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us. We do not sell any personal information, including the personal information of minors under 16 years of age, and have no actual knowledge that we share the personal information of any children under 16 years of age.Links to Other Websites and ServicesThe Site may have links to other websites that are not operated by us. We have no control over how these websites may collect your information and no liability for the practices, policies and security measures implemented on these websites. You should read the privacy notices on those other websites before you submit your information through them.How to contact usFor more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint or make a request concerning your personal information, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail to 379 W Broadway, New York, NY, 10012, United States.